Friday, August 5, 2016

how can i be lost when you have called me found

   if you're a lover of worship music like me ; you have heard many of the powerful songs done by Passion, Hillsong, Jesus Culture, ect. it's amazing how these crazy creative people can speak such powerful truth & even more amazing how God can use their songs & worship to speak to any of us. lately i've been worshiping our amazing God to these lovely songs

Fierce - Jesus Culture *
Great are you Lord - All Sons & Daughters *
No Longer Slaves - Bethel Music
Set a Fire - Jesus Culture
O Come to the Altar - Elevation Worship
I Surrender - Hillsong
No Other Name - Hillsong *
Break Every Chain - Jesus Culture
Salvation's Tide is Rising - Passion 
Good Good Father - Passion

if you haven't heard any of these songs i recommend you listen to them ; they are lovely! i love all of them & of course i'm probably missing a few, but the one's with an asterisk  (*) are the ones i really want to talk about. i want to share these powerful words with you & how they have affected my life.

Fierce - Jesus Culture 

this song talks about the Love of God. it compares God's love to the power of a tidal wave & hurricane. i have never experienced a real tidal wave or hurricane but i can only image the mighty power of them both. i know God's love has the power to save & change lives because he has rescued me. He is persistent through it all & has never given up on my. i love that Jesus Culture sings this truth of God's love, but my favorite part of the song is the bridge. 
 


how can i be lost when You have called me found. seriously - my heart just melts. to be reminded of God chasing me down, seeking me out, finding me, redeeming me & calling me found... claiming me as His! wow. the enemy does a good job of confusing me, sometimes i can hear him trying to tell me i am still lost, but now, through Jesus, i have the power to rebuke him because i am no longer lost - for i am found in Christ

Great are you Lord - All Sons & Daughters
i love this song, of course! this song sings about the greatness of God, as you can see by the title of the song. it reminds me of the life, love, light & hope God brings to anyone or any circumstance. He graciously restores every heart that has been broken, including mine. how great is our God, seriously!? 


every time i sing the chorus - i literately belt out the words (especially in the car, lol) with power & truth - God has done so much for me, i have so much praise to give Him. i don't sing or praise Him with any guilt. when i sing, i have a heart overflowing of gratitude to my King! there are no obligatory feeling towards God & my worship. i enjoy telling him with my heart & soul that i am so thankful for all He's done. 

"Psalm for giving thanks. Make a joyful noise to the Lord, all the earth! Serve the Lord with gladness! Come into his presence with singing! Know that the Lord, he is God! It is he who made us, and we are his; we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture. Enter his gates with thanksgiving, and his courts with praise! Give thanks to him; bless his name! For the Lord is good; his steadfast love endures forever, and his faithfulness to all generations." -- Psalm 100:1-5

No Other Name - Hillsong
"lift up our eyes, see the King has come
light of the world reaching out for us
there is no other name
there is no other name
Jesus Christ our God

seated on high, the undefeated One
mountains bow down as we lift Him up
there is no other name
there is no other name
Jesus Christ our God" 
 

how can it be the King of the world would reach out to us, us filthy sinners. how can He still want me after all the wrong i've done. i guess that's called grace - "the free and unmerited favor of God, as manifested in the salvation of sinners and the bestowal of blessings." 
 there is so much truth in every word of this song & of course that's why i love to worship our God to it but my favorite words of the song are in the bridge. once again it speaks of the mighty power of God."


in Matthew 24:29 it says
“Immediately after the tribulation of those days the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light, and the stars will fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken." 

Philippians 2:9-11 says
"therefore God exalted him to the highest place & gave him the name that is above every name, that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue acknowledge that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father."

i look forward to that day


No comments:

Post a Comment