Friday, July 22, 2016

let me introduce myself .

    well, apparently i'm new to this whole blogging thing so i just want you to get to know me a little & share why i'm starting to blog. the "about me" section to the right of the page is a good place to start so i'll just repeat my self a little . i'm a follower of Jesus, i have been given the most amazing husband and daughter with another little one on the way. my husband & i  met at church through a mutual friend & haven't looked back since. now that we're married, we really like to help & volunteer at the same church we've always loved. we have really grown to love volunteering with the high school youth - but that is a whole other blog itself . on sundays we spend most of our mornings helping in kidstown, handing out bulletins or teaching financial peace ( < thats more my husbands thing, than mine, lol). i do like to sew and create even tho i'm still learning & have no creative bone in my body.
    out of almost 25 years of life, half of them have been pretty rough. i have a pretty dark past, which i am very open about. it is because of God's redeeming grace that i am who i am today. my heart is to help those who have dealt with similar things or who might be facing them today. i have a long way to go in my walk with God, but i am thankful that i started this walk years ago. it has given me a chance to turn away from my sin & make a lot of changes in my life. praise God. i'm still an emotional being & enjoy being completely vulnerable whether i'm happy or sad. if you ever come back to read more, you will definitely see me ; the good, the bad, the happy, the sad, the crazy, the not so crazy, the dark, the ugly, the beautiful, the love, the fun .. ok ok you know what i'm saying.
   a couple last few things ; as i'm sure you can see by now, i'm weird & don't like using capital letters for much. also, my grammer, vocabulary & spelling aren't the best (thank you auto-correct) so please just ignore my mistakes & bare with me. and for future reference, my brain works better with lists instead of paragraphs so my writing may look more like that.

now the reason i'm starting to blog - i am doing this for me. i'm going to try to make it my "journal" . it's a lot easier for me to type than it is for me to write down what's going on. i love to be able to look back & see what's been happening the past few weeks or months that i would normally forget. i ask God a lot for confirmation if i think He may be speaking something to me & it really helps to be able to look back and say wow. 8 days ago God told me this & i asked for another sign & here it is. so that being said i won't beg people to come and read my blog - but i do hope & pray that if someone does run across it & may be struggling with similar things, that they can find hope & peace & know that they are not alone. i would love for my journey to help another person, even if it's just one person. that is my heart & that is my hope. i also hope that i make time to blog a lot, i think it will be good for me to get some of my heart out in the open. so far, i'm really enjoying this. thanks for taking the time to read, i hope you'll be back!


xo








No comments:

Post a Comment